10/06/2011

Getting Ready for Hawaii

I am really excited because I will be watching the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii Saturday night. It's the first time that I really pay attention to this event and I am looking forward to a night of Hawaiian snacks and great sports on TV. Because of the ridiculous time-difference the broadcast here in Germany starts at 12:50 am. My preparation plan definitely calls for a Saturday afternoon nap! Shouldn't be  too hard because I will also do a swim early in the morning  and that should tire me out enough. My race plan also calls for some coconutty and pineapply refreshments in solid and fluid form. I am not quite sure yet what exactly I am going to make, but we'll probably have some cocktails and fruit platters. Pineapple cupcakes and a coconut-mousse might be whipped up. Isn't that a relaxing preparation plan for the Hawaii Ironman?