10/17/2011

Back on Track

I got sick last week and couldn't follow my workout schedule as planned. My rest day last week was on Tuesday and Wednesday was really busy so I ended up not exercising on both days. As it turned out I woke up sick on Thursday and haven't been able to pick up my routine until Sunday. Finally my husband and I decided to go for a swim yesterday. It felt good to be doing something again and I am eager to continue my training today. Right now I am just sitting around the house waiting for some delivery guys who are going to drop off our new dining room table. The shipping company will be here anytime between 7 am and 1 pm according to their notification. My plan is to go for a run as soon as they have left and I am going to see how it goes. I am shooting for anywhere between 0:40 minutes and one hour depending how I feel. According to my training schedule, this week should be my recovery week which means that training length and intensity are being reduced by approximately 40%. But since I really didn't do anything this past week, I sort of already had a recovery week. If I am still feeling good after the run I will do some weight training (hyye33333333333333  dfffffffffffffffffc my cat says "Hello!") focusing on the chest and back. One of the other things on my to-do list for the day is looking up vegan Thanksgiving recipes. In Germany we don't celebrate Thanksgiving but with my husband being American we like to invite people over for both countries' holidays. We'll do a big Thanksgiving dinner this year and I want to start trying out some dishes before we'll actually serve them to our guests. The "Old Fashioned Lentil Loaf" we had yesterday wasn't bad but a little too mushy for my taste. Knowing there's going to be a lot of big dinners coming up always serves as an extra motivation for me to workout even more. Ok, off to getting my Monday chores done. Have a good week everyone!