10/07/2011

Clothes / Girls' Stuff

As many of you might know I have been losing quite some weight lately. And don't get me wrong, I am more than happy about that fact. Then again, I have serious problems when I am standing in my closet trying to find stuff that fits me anymore. And I am not fishing for  compliments here, it has really become hard for me to assemble my daily outfits. I know there's a solution to this problem: go shopping! Buy new clothes! "Yeah! Fun!" You might think, but not, if you have actually been doing this for quite some time and you constantly need more new clothes. Let me clarify by telling you this little anectdote: On April 29, 2011 (I precisely remember this because that's the day that Prince William and Catherine got married and my mom and I met up to watch it on TV) I showed my mom bags full of pants and shirts I had just bought for the summer. All was exciting and fun because I had already lost weight at that point and after the long winter I was getting my wardrobe ready for the warmer time of the year. I had found shorts and cute tank tops and they were all a size or so smaller than the clothes I was wearing before. My mom liked the stuff I picked, I was happy and we poured another glass of champagne and went about our wedding celebration brunch. Then we went to visit my in-laws in the US a month later and I did some clothes shopping there because everything was so much cheaper. Again, I could go down one size and I was thrilled. After we returned from our trip I continued losing weight and the clothes I bought in April started getting somewhat too lose on me. Slowly but surely this slimming waist of mine was becoming a serious financial burden. It's nice to buy clothes that you can actually wear for a season or two, but if their obsolete after a couple of months? I told myself that I would buy one nicer item each month and get a few cheaper basics so that I would have enough outfits for work at least. That's what I have been doing since. I am writing this post today because I am sitting here in my newest "nice item of the month": a pair of Levi's jeans that I have purchased today. The thing is that these pants are actually too tight, I think. Because all the apparel was too big so soon after I initially got it, I thought today that I should just buy the next smaller size for once. Of course they fit and they look good but when I sit down they're just a little too tight to be comfortable. I hope this will serve as an extra motivation to lose another pound or so. That should be enough for me to be able to breathe in deeply in October's "nice" purchase!