9/06/2011

Goals

By now you know that I want to participate in a triathlon next summer. I figured that I should specify what events I want to do. This list might be expanded but in posting it here, I am also trying to hold myself just a little bit more accountable for what I am trying to accomplish!
  1. 5,5k run this upcoming Thursday. The run is going to be my first "official" race! Am very excited! Anything under 0:40 minutes will be a good result for me.
  2. A half marathon next spring.
  3. A sprint distance triathlon just to get a feel for competing in a Tri.
  4. Participating in a Olympic distance triathlon in early July 2012.
  5. If that goes well and I didn't break my leg by that time and I find that I enjoy the sport, I would like to do one more Olympic distance race later in the season.
Now it's official. I better get going...