9/18/2011

Distances

Friday night I went to my brother's going away party since he's going to move out of town to go to college. The cool thing was that a lot of people at the party came up to me and asked me about my training because they had read about it on this blog. That gave me plenty of opportunity to talk about triathlon and I was a happy girl : ). One of my brother's friends said that he had to look up triathlon distances when reading about my goals so he would know what I was actually trying to do next year. I am sorry for causing confusion and having people second guess what an "Olympic" distance triathlon is. So here's the stats for everyone:

Sprint distance:
Swim: 0.75 km (0.5 miles)
Bike: 20 km (12 miles)
Run: 5 km (3 miles)

Olympic distance:
Swim: 1.5 km (0.93 miles)
Bike: 40 km (24.8 miles)
Run: 10 km (6.2 miles)

On another note: I had mentioned that exercising makes me sleep like a rock here. Well, I had a few drinks at the party and mixed with my post-training fatigue that made me fall asleep in a deck chair that night. My brother transferred me to his bed which I don't remember and the next thing I know is that I woke up when it was light out. I was fully dressed next to a strange man and it took me a second to figure out where I was. It turns out that I slept through the whole rest of the party and when my husband wanted to wake me up to go home I didn't respond at all. Him and my brother decided then to let me stay there. Of course my brother was the strange men next to whom I was waking up. I then walked home at 7:30 am in the morning and was pretty well rested. 
Note to almost 30 year old self: Make sure to closely watch what you drink when you haven't had a lot of alcohol due to increased physical activity lately...