12/03/2011

Lightning Speed

In my last post I was talking about how I was having a hard time getting faster. After my workout yesterday I can tell you a different story. Here's my recipe to a new personal speed record:

Ingredients:

  • A week full of dealing with the most ridiculous stupidities at work
  • Wanting to leave on time on Friday to go exercise but having to work overtime because of ingredient no. 1
  • Coming home on Friday just to realize that there's no time left for a workout before little brother comes for a visit
  • Watching the husband getting serious on the indoor exercise bike
  • A dark park
  • A 7 km long distance to cover 
  • Being hungry

Directions:

Mix all the ingredients together and lace up your running shoes. Get going thinking about how much easier your job could be if everybody else was properly doing theirs. Entering the park with really dim lighting and wondering about what some of the creepy looking people are doing there who are not walking their dogs or jogging. 

My Results:

  • A 5:30 min/km pace as opposed to a 6:50/km pace
  • Me panting like a dog
  • Me wondering if I have been secretly slacking during all my prior workouts
  • Me putting aside the worries about the job until next week